Life is full of interuptions.
Interuptions are simply meant to happen.
Often times we view an interuption as a nuisance... but truth be told, they can be a blessing in disguise. And sometimes you don't even realize it even when it's happening right then and there.
You can be at the right place at the right time, helping the right person. Or a person could be helping you at the right place and time.
You can be making a difference in a life. Or someone can be making a difference in yours.
We all impact the world in some way... how will you make your mark? What will you stand for?
See, life is full of interuptions even when we always have the 'on-the-go' kind of mindset these days. It's inevitable. We will always be interupted by someone or something.
The question is how will you react?
A couple weeks ago, I was at work... doing my work and an older caucasian man came up to me saying, "excuse me... but could you tell me if my special order is in yet?" Yes, it interupted what I was doing but I willingly helped out only to tell him that his order wasn't in yet. It was only a mere couple of minutes after where he looked at me and said, "I have something to tell you... by looking at you I have come up with three things. Wisdom, goodcare and excellent mother. These words I can see by just looking at you. And I am also here to tell you "Don't settle. Don't settle for anything less than you deserve..." And before I could even say thank you, he was gone. All I had was the small piece of paper where he wrote this down for me. It was like he knew exactly what was going on in my life then and there... but he was a complete stranger. A complete stranger who interupted my work only to bless my life and remind me what God was trying to tell me. Divine intervention at its best. That's the only way I could describe the experience.
Last week, I was at a concert with a close friend of mine and after waiting for the crowds, we were just about to leave when suddenly a couple came up to us and asked, "excuse me, but do you know what this line is for?". We told them that it was only for people with backstage passes. After chatting with them for a couple of minutes, they found out we had no backstage passes and randomly and willingly gave theirs to us. Who would have thought that night we would have met John Legend from the kindness of strangers merely interupting our conversation to ask us what the line was for? We definately didn't expect that one.
Life is truly filled with interuptions and sometimes you just have to give them a chance. So the next time someone says "excuse me...." maybe you should considering giving that person even two seconds of your day.... you never know what lies in store. Maybe you will be a blessing for someone else or that person will be a blessing to you... you never know how you will impact the world until you react.
- Signed, sealed and delivered...
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment