As my older brother once told me, "You deserve the best. Don't hold on to someone who isn't worth it. I don't ever want to see you hold on to someone like that again. It's just going to make you look stupid in the long run and you don't deserve that. You don't deserve to be treated like that... Promise me you'll never do that again. There's better out there for you...."
And yes, he's right.
I look back and I realize my worth more than EVER. And as I remember the old me... I see a slightly immature version of myself. I was blinded by what I thought was love and by the cloudy perception of my own heart. I was willing to be treated the way I was because I thought I loved this person and that he loved me back but I realize how foolish I was. It was a oneway thing that I felt and held onto so tightly. I lost myself. So in ways, I know I let it happen. I could've walked away but I didn't. I chose to stay. BUT, now I am stronger. Stronger than ever. And I know that the past has allowed me to grow into a mature woman. A woman of faith. A woman who definately knows her worth and clearly knows what she wants. I will not settle for someone who treats me average. I have learned to walk away from people who can't appreciate me. I need me a king and I can be his Queen.
And my heart smiles. Through it all, I've made it. Through it all, I've become a better person. I know how to stand my ground and stand firm. I will not tolerate mind or heart games anymore and I will not tolerate the same old attitude... I'm done. And I'm ready. I'm ready to find someone who will see my worth inside and out. And see my beauty for what it is. Only then, will I be willing to open my heart again....
And I think I'm ready. My heart is happy. :). Thank you to the person who makes my heart have butterflies --- I forgot what that felt like and it feels good. s
- Signed, sealed and delivered....
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment