They say that time heals old wounds... yet sometimes, I still wonder.
My wounds have mostly healed by this point but no matter how hard I try to forget... There are some wounds that remain.
Wounds that now have formed scars.
Scars that cover the outer core of my own heart... where I know,
things will never be the same again.
Now, travelling onwards is never an easy thing to do...
In fact, it's possibly one of the scariest and hardest experiences you have to face....
Yet, it is an aspect of growing up.
The inevitable scars of the past whether it was a great friendship or a great love that was lost will always remain. The memories. The mistakes. The good times. The bad times.
Leaving nothing but YOU.
It really is a choice. There's no point in looking back if you don't plan to go that way. There's only travelling onward from here on out.
And so I ask myself, as I journal... as I lay my heart out on that pen and paper. AM I READY?
Am I ready to venture out into what I know is my future in a different city? I say YES. God wouldn't have orchestrated it otherwise.
My heart tells me I'm ready. My mind tells me I'm ready. God's telling me I'm ready.
And so, it's time... I'm travelling onwards leaving the old me behind. Leaving my past behind me. Even leaving people behind me when necessary.
Hello, goodbye. I'm already far away. My heart lies in the east coast.
"Never be afraid to let go. Because you may never know what greater things might replace the ones you have lost." --- Lauryn Hill.
- Signed, sealed and delivered...
No comments:
Post a Comment