Thursday, January 7, 2010

Adventures with Caius.

I named him Caius. One of my most recent investments... A Canon AE-1. An old school, 35mm film SLR from the 70s. So he's my newest babbbbbbyy. We're still in the phase of getting to know each other, nawww mean??? This phase takes time. Now there's something about film that's exciting to me. It's like a kinder-surprise everytime because you don't know the results of your shots until you see the film. He has been travelling with me here & there but our most latest adventure was to my old highschool stomping grounds... Fleetwood Park. A couple hours of my day were spent taking a nice long walk through the trails and being inspired. It was a sunny yet deceivingly cold day and the grounds were muddy.... But that didn't matter. You see, there's something about nature that calms my soul. And it allows me to feel at ease. I love being able to see my breath on a cold day. Just lookin around me I was amazed and could see the depiction of beauty in each corner. Every surface, even if it was covered by green moss... told a story. A story of how it got there. A story of life itself. There was one particular tree that I stood by in which all of its branches were distorted and twisted. I stood there for a while because it reminded me of a time where my life was like this... where everything seemed to be going nowhere. I was twisted and tangled and lost in a maze. I was like an old tree not producing any good fruit. Yet admist this distorted tree, there was still beauty. There was still hope. No matter how distorted it once was, things are different than how it used to be. And this, inspired me.

I found an unreal beauty in something so simple like an old twisted up tree. At the end of my walk I realized that my old stomping grounds sure have changed, as have I.

- Signed, sealed & delivered...


No comments:

Post a Comment