Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blessed be Your Name...

Today my status said that the drive to campus would be beautiful.
And beautiful it was.
.... It was the ride back from school that scared me to the inner core.
I was almost home. An exit before my 160st exit on Hwy1.
Blessed be Your name was playing in my car...
There I was driving at normal speed behind a truck just enjoying my music and drive home...
And it was then that my life literally flashed before my eyes.
I saw a boulder... a big rock, the size of a volleyball heading directly towards my face.
I have no idea where it came from. I had no idea what to do. But I knew I couldn't brake or else the car behind me would smash right into me. I couldn't swirve. I couldn't do anything but drive straight... and hope that it wouldn't hit me.
But the big rock was coming closer and closer and closer to the windshield...
I can picture this clip replaying in my over and over and over and over again.
I don't even know what I was thinking at the time. I didn't even know what to do.
All I remember was the impact. BAM! The rock hit the windshield at full speed, almost going straight through but at the last second it just bounced right off.













There was shattered glass all over my lap and legs.
I remember hyperventilating and crying the whole way home. I called my fajah as soon as it happened but he couldn't even understand what I was saying.
One of my good friends Earl also calmed me down on the way home... I don't think he could understand what I was saying on the phone either.
And when I finally got home, the garage door was already opened and there was my fajah waiting. He just looked at me crying my eyes out and gave me a big hug.
All I could mutter was, "Pa---. (gasp)... (gasp)... A big rock... (gasp) (gasp) (gasp)..."
He took one look at the car and said, "Oh you know. You are lucky. We hab to be thankpul dat you were protected tonight. It could hab been worse. You could hab preeked out and crashed into dee side. Or eben worse, the rock could hab smashed you in the pace. Den dee glass could hab cut you in the eyes... You could hab died. But dee good thing is, you're ok. You were lucky tonight. You were protected. And we hab to be thankpul por dat one. Go inside now and rest."
My fajah was right. It could have been worse. My life could have ended today, but it wasn't time.
And as soon as I got into the house, I called my Kuya. Even though he is thousands of miles away, he knew that something was wrong by the sound of my voice.
Today just made me realize.
Sometimes we take our lives for granted. Sometimes we take moments for granted.
Sometimes we take people around us for granted.

One milli-second could have made a difference.
And with my one milli-second I want to tell you all that I love you dearly. And for those that have made an impact in my life... thank you. I heartchu.
I have nothing but praise.
This is a testimony of protection.
A testimony of thankfulness. A testimony of love. A testimony of life itself...














Every blessing You pour out, I'll turn back to praise...

Thank you God. Tonight was a blessing. It reminded me that each day is a new day. Each day is a blessing in itself.


- Signed, sealed and delivered...





No comments:

Post a Comment