This was written by me on my trip to the east coast, last summer. To be more exact, it was written in Ate Joyce's basement in Camden, New Jersey while Georgie (her dog) was rummaging through my fresh-na-fresh undergarments in my luggage. But I could have cared less about Georgie rummaging through my things 'cause writting this was more important at the time. I recall writing this whilst listening to Heather Headley's song - Am I worth it? on my ipod mini at the time.
This, was my response.
Read it. And you'll experience a glimpse in my shoes.
-- And possibly every woman's shoes.
Fellas, listen up.
Ladies, hollar.
A glimpse - written June 9th, 2008.
A woman's worth is more than just diamonds and pearls.
In fact, it cannot be bought by a single cent. A woman's worth is not determined by the words of a man. For words can be as sharp as daggers. A woman's worth is not determined by the perception of outer beauty. For sometimes the window of what beauty should be is distorted. Rather a woman's worth is determined by the beauty of her soul that exists within. A beautiful soul that euphorically sounds like the sickest melody. A woman's worth is defined by herself and by the things she believes in. By her faith and by the way she stands up for herself. Through the way her own voice echos without having to open her mouth. A strong powerful voice that lingers with wisdom. A woman who knows her worth knows that she will not pursue but will be pursued. As she enters a room, she will glow with confidence that radiates. A woman who knows her worth will take time. She will take time to understand herself. She will take time to search her inner thoughts. She will take time to make sure her heart is in check with her mind. She will take time to bandage wounds. A woman who knows her worth will listen intently... And will learn to let go of the matters of the heart & mind. Sometimes; however, a woman can be stubborn before she realizes what is truly at stake - her worth. Sometimes, pain is all a woman needs to realize her worth. Sometimes, time is all a woman needs to realize her worth. Sometimes, maturity is all a woman needs to realize her worth. No matter what, knowing your worth is a day by day process. Some painful things you go through will be in order for you to grow. ----- To grow into that woman who truly knows her worth.It's literally taken years. It's taken a lot of circumstances, including pain for me to grow up. And I am still in the process. I've been told "There's a reason for why this has happend. Though you may not see it, you have been assured to simply, just TRUST." Easier said than done. But, you turned out to be right. I see now the things I HAD to experience in order to grow. Although, at the time when things didn't make any sense in my life I often wondered "whyyyyy on earth is this happening to me?". Stumbling upon what I wrote, has reminded me once again.... This.is.why.
I know my worth.
For those of you who are still learning. TRUST.
It will get better.
- Signed, sealed & delivered...
No comments:
Post a Comment