
They can come swiftly out of your mouths as sharp as daggers.
They can build up or destroy.
They can be deceptive.
They can be misleading.
They can be empty.
They can have no emotions.
They can hurt you.
They can cause tears to overflow.
WORDS.
Words can pierce you right through your heart.
They can pierce you right at your aorta.
You want to forget this pain but this kinda pain always seems to linger.
It feels as if the oxygen supply has ended... No longer is your atria pumping blood to your ventricles. It seems as if circulation has cut-off.
Just like that.... It feels as if your heart seemingly stopped.
Your coronary arteries are filled with broken promises.
Open wounds are left alongside a broken heart where all you want to do is stay in bed.
You know what I'm talking about...
The 'I don't want to get up today' because I've been crying all night kind of feeling.
You tell yourself that time is of the essence and eventually hope that as seconds, hours and days pass by you'll forget.
You hope that you'll forget the pain that once deeply embedded your heart.
You hope that the pain and hurt of words exchanged will no longer exist.
But it does, ohhh, it does.
This pain lingers.
Will this ever go away?
Will this ever go away?
Will this ever go away?
It will. When you are ready. When you are ready to be set free.
When you are ready to make changes. When you are tired of wallowing in this sorrow you've let yourself drown in.
When you realize what pure, true and genuine love is really like.
When you realize that there's only one path left to take. The path that was there all along, just waiting for you to come around.
I only speak from first hand experience.
You see, I've got wounds that were once open but have slowly and carefully healed...
Now I got some scars... here and there. Scars embedded upon my heart from words that were used as daggers.
I remember that it hurt at first. Real bad. I'm not lying when I say it was hard.
Some days were easier than others.
And the recollection of what was once said makes the heart wince. Only for a second now.
But you see, those words that once hurt have only made me stronger. They have led me down an even better path that I forgot was there all along. They led me back to the source of pure, genuine love.
You see, those words have made all the difference.
Those words... Yes, those words that were thrown at me have made me realized my worth.
Thank you.
It reminded me that I am a Queen. We ladies are Queens.
Hold onto your worth and never, ever, ever let anyone take that away...
- Signed, sealed and delivered...
No comments:
Post a Comment